Nemours A. I. duPont Volunteer | Volunteer Delaware 50+ Community Partner
Nemours Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Volunteers provide support to both clinical and clerical departments. Openings for these positions change constantly. Please note that not all opportunities are available at any given time.
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES WITH CHILDREN
- Read Aloud Delaware: Volunteers with this program — a collaboration with the nonprofit Read Aloud Delaware organization — read to children as they wait to be seen for appointments in the Outpatient Waiting Areas. When: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- KINfolk: This nonprofit organization distributes laptop computers to children while they are hospitalized. Computer knowledge is necessary to volunteer with this program. When: Monday–Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Child Life Program: Assist Child Life Specialists in the Activity Center and on the nursing units as they help children deal with illness and hospitalization through play and self-expression activities. When: Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Emergency Services: Assist behind the scenes with rooms, supplies and patient escort. Provide comfort care to patients and their families. When: Monday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to midnight
- Family Resource Center/ Ronald McDonald Family Room: Provide a welcoming and compassionate presence in the Family Resource Center, which offers a business center, computer access, a library, a kitchenette, laundry facilities, sleep rooms and showers for patients’ families. This assignment is in collaboration with The Ronald McDonald House of Delaware. When: Monday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Unit Welcome Desk: Welcome visitors onto the units in our 450,000-square foot hospital expansion. Provide way finding and collaborate with Family Ambassadors in supporting our patients and families. When: Sunday–Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Surgical Services: Support families and staff through the surgical process, in both the preoperative and postsurgical units. When: Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
CLINICAL DEPARTMENT SUPPORT
- Medical Imaging: Escort patients to other areas of the hospital and assist staff with general duties. Act as a greeter for the department. When: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Patient Escort: Assist Patient Escort staff with transporting patients and maintaining unit levels of wagons and wheelchairs. CPR training is required and will be provided. When: Monday–Friday, noon to 4 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Inpatient Rehab Gym: Assist behind the scenes by keeping equipment clean and in order. Aid therapists with peripheral duties associated with various therapies. When: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Outpatient Gym: Assist with behind-the-scenes activities and aid therapists as needed. When: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 pm.
To become a Volunteer Delaware 50+ volunteer in New Castle County, please complete a Volunteer Delaware 50+ Enrollment Form, then either email, mail or FAX the form to our NCC office. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 302-255-9882
Mail: Volunteer Delaware, 1901 North DuPont Highway | New Castle, DE 19720
Download Volunteer Delaware 50+ enrollment form by clicking here:
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: