FISH of Northern Delaware | Volunteer Delaware 50+ Community Partner
Fish of Northern Delaware is an organization made up of volunteers who dedicate their time to assist those 60 years of age and older, to make their medical appointments by providing them with reliable transportation.
- Board Member/Treasurer – In the capacity of a board member, the volunteer will advise and support the agency in forming local policy, planning, and developing operational procedures and practices consistent with the agency's mission and goals. Volunteer will help solicit community support for the agency and promote the mobilization of financial and in-kind resources. Volunteer will serve on various support committees as needed to help develop, plan and implement agency activities and special events. In the capacity of a treasurer, the volunteer will be responsible for keeping records of expenditures/receipts and for writing checks for FISH of Northern Delaware.
- Medical Appointment Driver – Volunteer provides rides for people 60 years of age and older who do not have reliable transportation get to their medical appointments.
- Volunteer must use their personal vehicle and pay for their own gas
- Volunteer must be able to commit to be a driver for a couple of days per month
- Although volunteer will make their own schedule, volunteer will need to be available during operating hours of 8am-4pm; Monday – Thursday.
- Transportation Assistant – Volunteer handles the scheduling of client appointments to various facilities such as doctor’s dentist or pharmacy.
- Will coordinate schedules for van drivers and must be able to keep good records.
- Must have good customer skills, be kind and patient with our clients.
- Must have own phone and computer.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Volunteer acts as a liaison between the Volunteer Delaware 50+ program and FISH of Northern Delaware. Reports volunteer hours to Volunteer Delaware 50+.
To become a Volunteer Delaware 50+ volunteer in New Castle County please complete a
then either email, mail or fax the form to our NCC office.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 302-255-9882.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: