Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Brandywine Valley SPCA | Volunteer Delaware 50+ Community Partner
You Can Make A Difference!
Without the compassion and commitment of our volunteers and fosters, we would barely be able to scratch the surface on animal welfare needs within our community. Your time means everything to our four-legged friends. Get involved with the BVSPCA TODAY!
- Four hours each month
- One community event every two months
- 16 years or older
- Administration – Have a knack for computers, data entry, filing, etc? Consider helping out our administration team! All computer savvy volunteers are welcome to lend a hand.
- Adoption Counselors – Train to become an adoption counselor and help us match pets with their forever homes. Work closely with our staff to learn the steps needed to process adoptions at our shelter.
- Animal Health Center – Help out vet staff with creating sterilized surgical packs for our extensive spay and neuter services. Assist our clinic with minor administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and follow-up calls. On the job training will be provided. Time Commitment: available Tuesday–Friday between 9am and 4pm
- Baking for the Pups – Want a group activity that helps the shelter dogs? Consider baking homemade dog treats for our canine residents. The BVSPCA has several approved recipes that are easy to make. Drop off the homemade treats during shelter hours.
- Children Programs – Love children AND animals? Explore our kid friendly programs—Critter Camp and birthday parties! Help children foster a positive relationship with animals through engaging activities and educational programs. Looking for a way to connect your inner party animal with adoptable pets? Join our volunteer birthday party team, and help us plan and organize birthday parties at the Brandywine Valley SPCA.
- Dogs & Cats on Tour – Take adoptable shelter animals to participating pet stores, local community events, or other BVSPCA fundraisers. While at these locations, talk to customers and attendees about our available pets and the Brandywine Valley SPCA. In order to participate you must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Dog & Cat Volunteer Program – Work closely with staff to meet all the needs of our adorable adoptable pets including training, exercising, grooming, and other enriching activities.
- Henry’s Cupboard – Give back to the community by helping out at our biweekly pet food pantry for low income families at Henry’s Cupboard. You can make a difference in helping those struggling with financial hardships continue to keep their pets in a loving home.
- Homemade Toys for Cats – Would you like to help our feline friends stay entertained? Create fun and easy cat toys to provide entertainment and enrichment for the cats and kittens while they are in our care. We can provide you with project instructions.
- Junior Volunteer – Is your grandchild interested in volunteering? If they are between 8-15 years of age, they can join the junior volunteer program! After you both have submitted volunteer applications and have attended a volunteer orientation, both of you are welcome to volunteer within the organization. Junior volunteers can tag along as you help out, and participate in several activities such as puppy socialization, kitten socialization, grooming, reading to companions, etc. all under your supervision.
- Kong Stuffing Party – Looking for a fun activity to help out at the shelter? Schedule a Kong Stuffing Party and help us feed our dogs in an enriching way! The kongs (a hard hollow rubber toy) are stuffed with a mixture of kibble and peanut butter; and then frozen for a delicious treat for our four legged friends.
- Marketing – Help us capture all of our shelter pet’s unique quirks through photography, videographer, pet biographies & marketing design!
We are also always in need of pet supplies, office supplies and cleaning products such as paper towels, bleach, towels & sheets.
To become a Volunteer Delaware 50+ volunteer in New Castle County, please complete a Volunteer Delaware 50+ Enrollment Form, then either email, mail or FAX the form to our NCC office. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 302-255-9882
Mail: Volunteer Delaware, 1901 North DuPont Highway | New Castle, DE 19720
Download Volunteer Delaware 50+ enrollment form by clicking here:
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: