Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Delmarva Operations: Fleet Volunteer
PURPOSE: Help coordinate the scheduling, utilization, maintenance and documentation, of American Red Cross vehicles to ensure the organization has a fully operational and deployable fleet.
Appointed By: Chief Administrative Officer Reports To: Greater Chesapeake Employees: Executive Assistant, Delmarva Chapter
Partner With: Logistics Lead/ Chief Administrative Office
Service: Operations Position Type: Fleet and Facilities
Publish: Volunteer Connection X RCO X New: Yes
- Ensure each vehicles registration, insurance and associated documents are properly stored/displayed in all regional fleet vehicles.
- Support vehicle maintenance and repairs in concert with the fleet vendor (Element) and the local automotive maintenance and repair shops.
- Work with local service providers and Fleet staff to ensure timely preventive maintenance on fleet vehicles.
- Performing light maintenance and support keeping vehicles clean to ensure the fleet remains in top condition.
- Conduct regular inspections of vehicles to identify repair or maintenance needs as they arise.
- Advise regional Operations team of process improvements to help find efficiencies in maintaining the regional fleet.
- Support the onboarding of new authorized drivers to the American Red Cross in all departments ensuring they have received correct training on the organizations processes and safety guidelines as it relates to flee
Time Commitment: 4- 8 hours a month
- Maintain a valid driver's license from the state in which they reside
- Qualified MVR (motor vehicle record)
- Knowledge of DOT (Dept. of Transportation) a plus, but not required
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to assist with fleet coordination using logistical organizational skills
Length of Apptmt: one year renewable terms
Training: Understand American Red Cross fleet program manual and DOT fleet policies and standards
Availability: During business hours (daytime, M-F), I'm flexible, Volunteer in the office
Benefits: Build my resume, Explore a career, Gain leadership experience, Get to know the community, Give back to others, Have fun, Learn new skills, Meet new people
Interests: Work with a team, Work with logistics
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: